Since eliminating gluten and grains from my diet, I have been hankering for a really delicious piece of cinnamon raisin toast. I don’t want to buy a store-bought brand that is full of weird or unnecessary ingredients (because remember, just because it says “gluten free” doesn’t make it healthy), so I thought it was time I tried my own! And I am so glad that I did! 🙂 This loaf turned out perfect. I would not call this “sandwich bread” (although I will work on that!), but this is more dense, spread me with butter, jam or in this case, cashew cream cheese type of bread. I love this with my bulletproof coffee in the morning, but I think it would also serve well alongside a big summer salad, as an afternoon snack, paired with dinner or even as a sweet dessert (how I am enjoying it at this exact moment).
The beautiful thing about this loaf, aside from it’s flavor of course, is that in addition to be gluten, grain and dairy free, it has zero refined sugar and is sweetened with only a tablespoon of raw honey! I love that it is still perfectly sweet, without being soaked in sugar. Minimal ingredients that are nutritious and delicious is my idea perfection.
The vanilla bean cashew cream cheese is perfect for this sweet cinnamon loaf. It’s the texture of cream cheese sans any dairy whatsoever as it is made with cashews. I think cashews lean really well into vanilla, and it appears to be a natural pairing. Plus, I spiked this creamy spread with a beauty boost a la my favorite collagen peptides by Further Food. As always, use the code BRINGOUTYOURBLISS10 at checkout for a sweet discount. The cream cheese can be enjoy on much more than this bread. Ice cake or cupcakes, smear on crackers, bagels or english muffins. If you are a fruit eater, I’m sure this would be great with strawberries!
Cinnamon Raisin Bread (Gluten, Grain & Dairy Free!) & Vanilla Bean Cashew Cream Cheese
Cinnamon Raisin Bread
- 1.5 cups almond flour
- 1/3 cup golden flaxseed meal
- 2 Tbsp. tapioca starch
- 1 tsp. alluminum-free baking powder
- 1 Tbsp. cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 Tbsp. liquid or melted coconut oil
- 3 whole eggs
- 1 Tbsp. raw honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
Cashew Cream Cheese
- 1 cup raw cashews soaked
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 whole vanilla bean pod (seeds only)
- 2 scoops collagen peptides
- 1/4 cup plant or nut milk of choice
- 6-8 drops liquid stevia (or to your preference)
Preheat ove to 325 degrees and grease a loaf pan.
2. In a large bowl combine dry ingredients (absent the raisins) for the cinnamon raisin bread.
3. Once combined add in the wet ingredients, stirring until combined.
4. Fold in raisins.
5. Pour bread batter into prepared loaf pan spreading it with a spatula.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
7. While your bread is baking, add all cashew cream cheese ingredients into a food processor or high-powered blender.
8. Process until smooth.
9. Store bread in an airtight container for up to one week. Store cream cheese in fridge for up to two weeks.
I absolutely love using cashews as the creamy base in many of my dips, spreads and sauces! It is the perfect base. It is also quite the nutritional gem. Cashews contain so many vitamins and minerals and actually provide quite the mood boost due to their high content of the amino acid tryptophan. Tryptophan is an amino acid well-known to boost serotonin (e.g., your brain’s happy chemicals) levels. So, given that my happy friends, make this cashew cream cheese and eat up!
If you make the loaf or the cream cheese and love it, let me know below!