Finally, fall temps are here and a creamy bowl of soup for dinner is a perfect and easy meal. Butternut squash and pear make the perfecting PEARing (had to!) in my opinion, but the other ingredients like carrots, sweet onion and fresh sage also lend a ton of delicious flavor to this dreamy orange soup!
This creamy soup is also full of protein thanks to Bonafide Provisions organic turkey bone broth. You will have no idea this protein-packed and nourishing liquid is blended in this dreamy soup! I definitely recommend it, and even used it in my creamy almond butter soup and explain a bit more about the benefits of bone broth.
Finally, who doesn’t love enjoying some crackers with their soup? I know I do! I love Simple Mills gluten-free crackers made with a sprouted seed blend, making them gluten and grain free! These crackers are super crunchy and the perfect side to soup.
And how can I forget the sage! Sage has a fragrant, warm flavor that elevates so many dishes, including this soup!
PEAR AND BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP
- 1 whole butternut squash (roasted)
- 1 organic pear chopped
- 5 small carrots peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup sweet onion chopped
- 5 whole fresh sage leaves
- 2.5 cups organic turkey bone broth
- 1/2 cup water
- pink salt to taste
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a pan with parchment paper.
2. Cut squash in half length-wise and scoop out seeds.
3. Place cut side down in pan and bake for 30-40 minutes or until squash is tender. Let cool.
4. Once squash is cooled, scoop out squash an place in a high-powered blender along with all the other ingredients.
5. Blend on high or until well combined.
6. Heat on stove top and enjoy warm!
7. Store in fridge for up to 5 days or keep in freezer for 3 months.
What’s your favorite soup to enjoy in the cooler months? Butternut squash has always been a favorite of mine, but I also love a creamy tomato too! If you make this and love it, please share below or tag me on Instagram!