Cause avos aren’t the only thing that can hold an egg!
Looking for the yummiest fall entree or side dish? These acorn squash breakfast bowls will definitely fit the bill! The sweet, nutty flavor of the acorn squash + the smokey, crispy bacon + the creamy, soft egg is such an incredible flavor/texture trio! My hubby and I scarfed these down and have made them three more times since!
We have been loving @handsomebrookfarm pasture-raised eggs and @applegate bacon. I am also a huge fan of @kerrygoldusa grass-fed sweet cheddar cheese!
Acorn Squash Breakfast Bowl
- 1 acorn squash
- 2 whole pasture raised eggs
- 2 pieces bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1/2 cup grass-fed sweet cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cut acorn squash in half and scoop out seeds.
3. Spray cleaned out center with avocado oil spray and sprinkle with pink salt.
4. Set squash cut-side down on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
5. After 15 minutes, crack one pasture-raised egg inside the center of each squash. Bake for 15 more minutes or until egg whites are cooked.
6. While the squash and egg are baking, cook 2 pieces of bacon , let cool and chop.
7. Once squash is removed from the oven, sprinkle chopped bacon and shredded grass-fed sweet cheddar cheese and more pink salt!
8. Enjoy immediately!
You seriously must try these! Let me know how you love ’em!