Wanna dessert that will wow anyone? This. Is. It.
This was one of many desserts at our Thanksgiving dinner and was no doubt the favorite! My foodie-loving in-laws (this was also their first raw dessert!) said it was one of the best desserts they ever had! My mother-in-law was also convinced that there was caramel sauce in here and couldn’t believe it was actually medjool dates!
Even better? This cake is free from eggs, dairy, soy, gluten and grains. Ya.
This dessert is DECADENT, so trust me that a small slice will go a long way. It is chocked full of goodness, but it is rich! I will so be making this for many celebratory events to come. The best part? It is a cinch to make.
Dark Chocolate, Caramel & Almond Butter "Cheese"cake
- 1.5 cups raw walnuts
- 1 cup pitted medjool dates
- 1/8 tsp. pink salt
- 2.5 cups raw cashews
- 3/4 cup all natural almond butter
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup pure maple syrup 1/2 may be sweet enough for some!
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips melted
- 5 drops liquid vanilla stevia optional
Prep a pie pan by spraying it with a thin mist of coconut oil.
2. In a food processor combine all crust ingredients until a ball of dough forms.
3. Press dough into the bottom of the pan evenly.
4. Place filling ingredients in food processor and blend until smooth.
5. Pour filling ingredients on top of crust and smooth out. Place in freezer while you prepare the chocolate topping.
6. Melt chocolate chips and stir in a little stevia (totally optional).
7. Pour on top of filling and place back in freezer over night.
8. When ready to slice, slide a rounded knife or spatula around the pie pan to loose up the edges. Let thaw for 20 minutes and it should come out of the pan relatively easily.
9. Store in freezer covered for up to 3 months.
Seriously easy as 1, 2, 3 and insanely delicious! You have got to give this a try and let me know what you think!