I have been absolutely LOVING sandwiches lately, so I was excited to test out a recipe for a homemade bread at home that fit the bill. I wanted something soft, yet durable, and a little sweet, but mostly nutty. Not asking for too much, right? Oh and gluten-free, packed with nutrients and quality fats 🙂
Luckily, I got all that and more (aka deliciousness) with this recipe! My hubby wanted me to make a second loaf as soon as he had a slice. It’s perfect for sandwiches, but also great as toast or dunking in soups, sauces and olive oil.
I have read a lot that depending on what almond flour you use, the recipe results will vary. I swear by Blue Diamond almond flour, and that’s what I use in this recipe and all my other recipes that use almond flour.
Paleo Sandwich Bread
- 3/4 cup runny almond butter
- 2 Tbsp. avocado oil
- 3 whole pasture-raised eggs
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 cup almond flour I use Blue Diamond
- 1 tsp. aluminum-free baking powder
- pink salt taste
Preheat oven to 350 and grease a loaf pan.
2. In a large bowl, blend together all wet ingredients (I used my kitchen aid mixer!).
3. In a separate bowl, mix together all dry ingredients.
4. Add dry ingredients into wet ingredients until combined.
5. Pout into prepared loaf pan and bake for 30-35 minutes checking at the 25 minute mark. Once toothpick comes out clean bread is done.
6. Let cool and then slice! Store in fridge for up to five days.
Are you a sandwich person? I love loading my sandwiches with everything from turkey, spinach, cheese, olives, peppers and more! What about you?
If you make this, let me know! Hope you enjoy!